Trello: I want to be able to show the length of projects in calendar form. Is this possible?

Hi,

I would like to be able to assign a number of days/weeks to a task, so that when a task is moved into a doing list, my calendar will show how long my team members are booked out working on existing projects and where there is availability for additional projects.

Is there a way, paid or free to do this?

Many thanks for your ideas!

1 answer

0 votes
Francis Peixoto Community Champion Oct 20, 2017

There's no default way to assign effort or duration to a task. You can only set due date and time.

Scrum/Kanban methodology posits that resources are self-sufficient enough to manage their own time based on set milestones.

You can probably use custom fields to set those metadata points, but they won't be used by the calendar power-up.

There are scrum power-ups available that track effort and provide dashboards with velocity/capacity management at a sprint/timebox level.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

139 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you