Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello: Generate a report with all the details

Philippe Jeanjean August 9, 2017

Hello, I am looking for a tool to export to CSV *ALL* the detailed information in each board.

I need to generate a report with all the comments, checklist completions, the name of the attachments if any, for all the cards in the board.

The tools I have tested so far only export a small set of the data I need .

Has anybody created such a reporting tool?

Thanks!

Philippe

1 answer

0 votes
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2017

Hello Philippe!

Unfortunately, the CSV export doesn't do quite all of these things. For example, it exports checklist item counts, but not the names of them. 

How exactly do you want to receive the reports? For example, if you want an entire board's data dumped into a spreadsheet at once, it might be difficult. However, we can maybe make something work out with Zapier or ButlerBot if you say, want all of the card's information added to a spreadsheet once the card is moved to a certain list (like a Done list).

With more details, I am more than happy to help tackle this with you :)

Philippe Jeanjean August 10, 2017

Thank you Devon.

I am using trello to keep track of my meetings with clients.

I have created one list per client. And each time I visit a client, I add a card with the date and what happened during that meeting. I may have a checklist and/or a bunch of comments regarding that interaction.

Now, at the end of the week or the month, i want a complete export of what happened with each client. I don't mind having a whole board exported to a spreadsheet in sowewhat "raw" format: i can always reorganize per date, per client, per topic, etc...
(Excel manipulation is not a big problem for me.)

The big problem is that I really want *ALL* the info on each card, not just the title or the creation date. 

Thanks!

Deleted user March 27, 2018

I too am looking to report on a few data points across all my boards at a time; e.g. cards in progress for a specific user that are due this week, and then also be able to view in a table format a few more details like most recent comment and date so we can review and prioritize.I have many boards/projects with a lot of users participating. As an admin, this seems like an extremely basic function I should be able to run without having to pay for some other add on from a third party.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events