Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking "Position" in a list

Daz Bradbury January 12, 2023

Hi,

Does anyone know how you could keep track of the position of a card in a list? It would be sufficient if we could just add a comment / log every time the position of a card is changed within a list.

Any ideas super helpful!

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2023

@Daz Bradbury 

An updateCard action can be exposed via a webhook when there is change is pos but that value may not be as useful as you might think. It is not a simple 1-X sequence where X is the number of cards on a list. However, if you want write a comment like card abc is the fifth card on a list that might be doable. The issue if when when a sort of a list takes place there might be more comments than you would like to see on your card. 

Daz Bradbury January 13, 2023

Yep - we currently use the list order as a priority order, so there would be no sorting going on. 

However, we do add cards into a list (so all positions below would be +1), or move cards within a list (again, all cards above original position, but below new position, would be +1). 

Can you point me in the right direction of where the position of the card is available after an "updateCard" action? Is there a "current position" field? Or is there a from and to position available as part of the action itself? 

Thanks for your help!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2023

@Daz Bradbury 

The actions are record against the card and you need to api to retrieve it. If you are using webhook, you will need to filter for Pos changes and write the comment accordingly. From my Trello has a way to work out the pos value and it is, as far as I now not a case of +1 algorithm. Since you do not know when a card will be moved within, into or out of a list, I prefer to use the webhook approach. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events