Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking income on Trello

Jana Katsir May 23, 2022

Hey!
I'm using Trello for a while as a CRM and am very satisfied.

I have a Clients board where I keep all the information of my clients.

I want to add there the income that I get from every client and to be able to some up the total from each one.

Of course, it would be great if I could add every deal separately with info about it.

Is there any good and cheap way to do that?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

Hi @Jana Katsir ! Welcome to the community 🙂 I'd suggest using a mix of custom fields and dashcards for this. I created this board which sums up the values of custom fields in order to see how much $ is in the pipeline.

pipeline dashcards.PNG

The second card sums up the "Amount" custom field displayed in all my cards. It's filtered based on the month (so only showing values from leads expected to close this month), but you could display values from all active leads as well.

If that looks like what you want, I'd be happy to share more details if you need! 😊

Jana Katsir May 24, 2022

Looks impressive!
And I would like to know more.
It's not exactly what I was looking for because here you track I single opportunity and I want to track and sum up all the opportunities that I had with the client.
However maybe if I understood what you did there I'll get an idea of how to do my thing :)

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

@Jana Katsir In the above example, it's summing up all opportunities (each opportunity is a card). You could filter it further if you want to see the value from one particular client. You would just need to make sure there's a field for the client name in your cards (e.g. a custom field, or label). 

So the way I set it up was I created two custom fields: 
One to hold the value of the opportunity (number)
One to hold the estimated close date (date)

To sum up the total $ amount of opportunities, enable the dashcards power up and create a custom dashcard.
Filter on cards in the "active lists" (so basically all lists except for closed).
Filter on cards with the expected close date set to this month (optional).

Once the dashcard is created, edit the settings of that dashcard to report on the sum of the custom field "amount" instead of the count of cards. 

There's no documentation for dashcards that I could find, so I can't point you to any guides to read more, but you're welcome to reach out to me if you need! hannah@simplaworkflows.com

Like • Jana Katsir likes this
Jana Katsir May 25, 2022

Thanks!
The Dashcards are G R E A T !!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events