Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Dark mode as default for Trello

Garvit Goel March 22, 2024

Hi, is there someway to set the dark mode as default for my trello board? I have to change it every time i visit it. It just goes back to light mode all the time, which means everytime I use the board, i have to first switch back to dark mode and then do anything. It is very very irritating and I am considering stop using Trello altogether due to this.

2 answers

1 vote
Marshall Walker Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2024

Unfortunately, Trello does not currently allow users to set dark mode as the default theme.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2024

Hi @Garvit Goel 

Is your browser set to dark mode? Could you set Trello to match your browser, instead of just choosing dark mode?

Ste

how do i set trello to match my browser?

okay just saw that option. I have set it to my browser, will update you it it switches bakc to light again

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2024

Let us know how it goes :)

For anyone else who finds this in future, to set to match browser...

1. Select your profile icon (circle icon in top-right)
  2. From the list, select Theme
  3. Select Match browser from the pop-out menu

Ste

hey, unfortunately, it went back to light mode again :(

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2024

Is your browser set to dark mode?

Ste

Yes, my browser it set to dark. FYI, my browser is brave.

Rasmus Wulff Jensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2024

The issue is properly that Brave deletes the cookie that stored if Trello is darkmode or not... Seen this happen with Brave before on other sites but not sure it is by design or a bug in Brave (Seems to be by design: https://brave.com/privacy-updates/25-forgetful-browsing/)

So I think your answer lies in some Brave setting/forum on how to pertain cookies... This is easily testable by quickly trying Trello in another Browser a few days to see if that also switch you back to dark mode

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2024

Hi @Garvit Goel 

I agree with @Rasmus Wulff Jensen on this one - try a different browser and see if this remains an issue.

I did a quick search and found mention of Brave "forgetting" dark mode on other websites, or not setting it correctly.

Ste

Garvit Goel March 23, 2024

got it thanks. I will post here results after trying in chrome in a couple of days.

Garvit Goel March 24, 2024

hey, I am facing the same issue with chrome as well.

Rasmus Wulff Jensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2024

Hmm, quite unexpected... I know users that run Darkmode every day, and they use Chrome... Could it be that you have some sort of program install that (wrongly) "optimize" web security like a Malware or Virus program... Only real reason I can think of at least 😕

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events