Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule to add card members according criteria list

Florian Thomann September 21, 2022

Is there any solution for the following:

I have about 10 members on a board, who are managing 200 properties. Each property has a unique ID.

This ID is always contained in the name of the card (cards come from e-mail).

Now I want to add members to new cards according to the ID in card name.

A theoretical solution would be "when the name of the card contains "IDxxx" OR "IDyyy" OR "IDxxy" - but that's apparently not possible!?

Another solution would be the creation of 200 rules, one for each ID - which doesn't seem efficient.

This seems to me as a relative common use case but I struggle to find a solution, even with power ups. Thanks a lot for support!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Florian Thomann ! Welcome to the community :) You can achieve this using the trigger you mentioned and wildcards. So something like this:

when the name of a card starts with "hannahmorg{*}", add member @hannahmorg to the card
Florian Thomann September 22, 2022

Hi @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows ! Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately this doesn't solve the problem for  me.

Maybe this example in pseudocode is more clear in what I am searching for:

If card title contains "123" or "384" or "943" add member "John"

If card title contains "127" or "835" or "743" add member "Mary"

Even better would be the possibility to use a matching table to assign members and costum fields.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events