Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Responsible for the next step on card

Gitte Nørbæk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 18, 2023

Hi,

when a card is joined by several stakeholders and the task has to move between these during development of the job - e.g. job desciption - job development - job test - job development etc. it would be good if the card could show, whom we are waiting for to take the next step. Visible on the front page and to be used as a filter.

As a project manager at the customer as well as at the TRELLO partner it would be helpfull to have a good overview of whom to get in touch with. Having to open each card is a slower way to work with the board.

This does not look to be a possibility. Perhaps you have thought of solving this another way?

1 answer

1 vote
Tara Thomas September 18, 2023

Hi Gitte,

This depends a lot on the way you have your board/lists set up! Not sure if I'm understanding correctly, but I think it might work for you to do something like;

1. Use lists to designate stages of the process (e.g. "Job Description", "Job Development" etc)
  2. Assign a member to the card using a Butler automation (e.g. "when a card is moved to the list "Job Description", add member "Gitte".) and have each stake holder move the card upon completing their stage.
  3. Use the "watch" function so that everyone has visibility at the level they require (see this post here)
  4. You could also use Butler to automate emails or comments designed to notify someone when the task has been moved to their stage of the process.
  5. For the front page visibility, you could filter by member, you could consider using the Dashcards powerup for easy visibility, or you could automate labels to filter as well (although the columns provide an easy visual for who is managing each stage)

Is that what you were looking for?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events