Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Defined Search Filters

Greg Horie October 1, 2020

Is there a way with Trello or with the Butler add-on to enable pre-defined search filters? I find I have a set of filters I always use. Its easy to clear the filters, but when I want to set them I have to drill into ...Show Menu > Search Cards, then set the filters. No very convenient.

Even better - Is there a way to set this on hot keys?

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2020

@Greg Horie as @Stu Smith mentioned you can save links to common filters (I also do this with saved searches, and I keep a "library" of them as links in a Trello card for easy access).

To your point about hot keys, yes there is a way to filter your board using the keyboard, just hit the "f" key. You can then start typing a search term, and use the arrow keys to pick a matching label, overdue/date term and so on.

Greg Horie October 2, 2020

@Iain Dooley, thanks for noting the hot key option. Cheers!

0 votes
Stu Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2020

Hi Greg! When you filter the board in 'Search Cards' the URL changes to reflect the criteria you've selected. You could consider bookmarking these in your browser for future reference.

If you're up for it, I'd love to chat a bit more about your use case and expectations around how this should work differently. Feel free to reach out to me: ssmith2@atlassian.com

Greg Horie October 2, 2020

Thanks for the suggestion @Stu Smith. Ideally I'm looking for a solution that can be managed within the application rather than through the browser, but I think this will help to improve my workflow. Cheers!

Like Stu Smith likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events