Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal and Company account?

Errol John Manalo Babao June 1, 2022

Hello,

My question is wether or not it is possible to create a board for personal (home) use on my personal company account. I know it is possible, but in the event I am no longer with the company, can I transfer my boards and whatnot from that account to another somehow?

I plan to pay for Trello for my own use, but with my company email account, for the purpose of having personal, personal business, and my dayjob stuff scheduled together.

Or is there an entirely different constellation that would make more sense, without me having 3 different accounts to juggle between and pay for.

1 answer

0 votes
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2022

Hi Errol,

Good question indeed! Usually, people use their Work email to have personal and work things in the same account, and there's no problem at all. However, people can leave the company they're working with for multiple reasons. This means they can lose access to the email they used to create their Trello account and therefore lose access to personal things in this process, which isn't ideal, to be honest.

My suggestion is to have a personal account for all your personal activities and tasks using your email and a work account using your work email with your work-related tasks and boards. That way, you can avoid losing your personal information if you leave the company you're currently working with.

Also, if you'd like a Premium Workspace for both accounts (Personal and Work), you'll have to subscribe for both of them individually. Let me know if you still have more questions, and I can definitely clarify that for you.

All the best,

Sal

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events