It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Making certain Trello board info available to non-Trello users?

My team is looking into using Trello for project management, but we have one big hurdle - our team will have Trello accounts, but the majority of our organization won't. It seems like this would make it difficult to share status with other teams without a lot of manual work.

Right now we just use a simple, internally hosted Wiki page to communicate delivery dates and project status to other teams, and we'd need a way to replicate this functionality if we moved to Trello.

Everyone in the organization has O365 / Sharepoint access, along with self-hosted Confluence / Jira, so an integration between either of those and Trello would work, but I'm having trouble finding free tools to integrate them. I know you can embed Trello boards in Confluence, but viewing the Trello content requires a Trello account, so that's a no-go for us.

Another possibility might be setting up a system where Trello automatically exports certain boards to JSON, then we could update an internal Wiki page from that, but the coding needed for that is a bit out of my wheelhouse, and I'm not totally sure if that's possible.

Does anyone know of a good solution for this? In short, is there an automatic way to update a Wiki / Sharepoint site / Confluence page with some content from Trello, in a way that doesn't require a Trello account to view the content?

1 answer

0 votes
marc Community Leader May 21, 2019

@Sean Baker  Interesting use case.  I'm working on a solution for Trello which would allow you to do this.  Would like to discuss that further with you.  Please contact me through the link at https://collabello.com/ and I'll try to help you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,616 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you