Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making certain Trello board info available to non-Trello users?

Sean Baker May 18, 2019

My team is looking into using Trello for project management, but we have one big hurdle - our team will have Trello accounts, but the majority of our organization won't. It seems like this would make it difficult to share status with other teams without a lot of manual work.

Right now we just use a simple, internally hosted Wiki page to communicate delivery dates and project status to other teams, and we'd need a way to replicate this functionality if we moved to Trello.

Everyone in the organization has O365 / Sharepoint access, along with self-hosted Confluence / Jira, so an integration between either of those and Trello would work, but I'm having trouble finding free tools to integrate them. I know you can embed Trello boards in Confluence, but viewing the Trello content requires a Trello account, so that's a no-go for us.

Another possibility might be setting up a system where Trello automatically exports certain boards to JSON, then we could update an internal Wiki page from that, but the coding needed for that is a bit out of my wheelhouse, and I'm not totally sure if that's possible.

Does anyone know of a good solution for this? In short, is there an automatic way to update a Wiki / Sharepoint site / Confluence page with some content from Trello, in a way that doesn't require a Trello account to view the content?

1 answer

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2019

@Sean Baker  Interesting use case.  I'm working on a solution for Trello which would allow you to do this.  Would like to discuss that further with you.  Please contact me through the link at https://collabello.com/ and I'll try to help you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events