Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Links in email reports

Juan Rodriguez October 2, 2023

Is there a way to keep the links in the email report without it appearing with the smart-inline and that format? I would like it to just appear as the link

Screenshot_1.png

This is the way I designed the automation activity

imagen.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luciana Munhoz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2023

Hi Juan!

Yes! You can use the pattern: [{cardname}]({cardlink})

The pattern uses markdown formatting. The format [text](link) is used to produce a named link.

I'm also sharing a great article we have about custom report that could be helpful: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/creating-reports-with-butler/#Customized-reports

Hope that helps!

Juan Rodriguez October 4, 2023

Neat, but I have the links *inside* the description; I just need the link inside the description to appear without being recognised as a smartCard

imagen.png

Luciana Munhoz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2023

Hey Juan! Oh, apologies! I missed that detail!

I did some testing here and the only alternative to remove the smartlink word from the URL I found is to change the card description and the link display option from "inline" to "URL"

Here's an example:

ChangetoURL.gif

I know that might not be exactly the solution you're looking for, but this way, when you receive the report, it will not show the smart link word in the report, although depending on the URL you will see it twice.  If you use a lot of google maps URLs, a test you could try is to use the URL in the share option in the map, which is shorter than the page URL.

Hope it helps!

Juan Rodriguez October 11, 2023

Thank you so much! I already was working on doing something like that

Luciana Munhoz
Atlassian Team
October 11, 2023

Awesome! You're welcome, Juan! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events