Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a reason why "Add a List" is at the end of your lists on a board rather than the beginning?

Alexandra Huang November 28, 2017

Am I using Trello "wrong" perhaps and using too many lists?

It's just a little irksome to have to scroll right to create new lists, so I'm curious as to the reasoning for why it is that way.

1 answer

0 votes
Dan Lew
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2017

On the web, there's a neat trick you can use: double-click any open space on the board and it brings up a "create list" dialog that lets you insert lists anywhere.

Some screenshots of it in action here: http://help.trello.com/article/744-adding-lists-to-a-board

Alexandra Huang November 28, 2017

Aaaaaah! That helps immensely... Thank you. Although I'm still left wondering why it is that way haha

Zach L_Anglois November 28, 2017

Honestly it might just be a preference thing. Personally I prefer it on the right because when I open up a board I want to see lists immediately and not have any dead space on the left side of the screen that makes me have to scroll to the right to get to my other lists.

That being said, I can see how it would be annoying to have to scroll all the way to the right if you tend to add new lists frequently.

Additionally, my processes usually go left-to-right on most of my boards, but I've seen people with workflows on boards that go right-to-left, so it kind of depends on your setup.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events