Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a hack for this?

Lindsey_Ross December 13, 2018

I have many lists where I want my "urgent" or "today" items to be visible, but that also contain tasks which have due dates set in the future, and I'd like for those tasks not to appear until they're due. 

If I choose to filter by "due in the next day," it won't show any of my regular tasks unless I go through and set the due date for each one to be "today." Too tedious. 

One idea I had was to set all my urgent tasks to a green label by default, and then any tasks that I assign a due date to, I would label as yellow. Then I could filter my list to only show green labels, OR tasks that are due in the next day. However, even when I do this and select "Matches any label and any member," all the non-dated tasks disappear. 

Is there a better way to achieve this objective?

1 answer

1 vote
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2018

Hi Lindsey,

The Butler Power-Up sounds like exactly what you're looking for, but there's a significant caveat.

Trello doesn't yet natively support the sort of automation you're looking for, but we did very recently acquire Butler for Trello to help accomplish exactly that. With Butler, you can set up rules that will move cards around on your board, into and out of a Priority list, defined however you want—for example, based on either label or due date, or whatever else you want.

The caveat here is that we're still working on the integration steps, so if you don't have a pre-existing Butler account, you can't create one right now. This is a temporary restriction, and we hope to have more information to share on this soon! Once we do, and you're able to sign up for Butler, I think this'll be a great solution for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events