Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to recover an unsaved card description?

Irene Samson September 20, 2017

I was working on a rather lengthy card description on Trello when the internet suddenly went down. I hastily clicked Save in case anything bad happens, and lo and behold, Trello automatically reloaded once the internet came back up. And the description was deleted along with it! Is there any way to recover what I've previously typed? 

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2017

Hi Irene,

Sorry to hear about that! Unfortunately, it's likely there isn't.

Trello tries to autosave card description data in your browser's cache for situations like this, but it's possible that the unstable internet combined with the save action inadvertently overwrote the cached change. You can check this with the instructions on this page, which will reveal any old card descriptions that did reach Trello's servers: http://help.trello.com/article/783-recovering-the-description-of-a-card-that-has-been-changed

If you can't find the change you're looking for there, the description likely never made its way to Trello's servers, so we don't have any way of restoring that, I'm sorry!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events