Is a team restricted to the attachment cap of 10mb if I am gold?

Hi, I am a gold member and am working on a project with a team of around 10 other people.  I am wondering if they all have to be on the same pricing plan as I am in order to upload files?  I have set up a team that we are all a member of but I don't understand if the 10mb restriction for free accounts applies to each person or to the team?  If I am gold and head of the project will they be able to load documents even though they be at the 10mb cap?

1 answer

Hi George,

Great question—because Gold is an individual upgrade, its benefits do only apply to you, and not the entire team.

If you have Trello Gold, you are able to upload files larger than 10MB, and everyone else on the board will be able to access those files. They will all be able to upload files to a card, but only up to 10MB each. If they need to upload large files as well, they could consider also upgrading to Gold. Alternatively, using a cloud storage provider like Google Drive or Dropbox to host the large files, and then attaching the link to a Trello card can be a great workaround, as that doesn't impact file size limits!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Feb 02, 2018 in Trello

Atlassian User Groups: Trello edition

You’re invited to our first ever Trello User Groups   Good news for current and aspiring Trello enthusiasts! We’re launching Trello User Groups so that you can network, share ideas, solve ...

1,126 views 7 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot