Is Trello HIPAA compliant?

I'm looking into starting a coaching business and I need a application like Trello for client management and accountability. But most important the software has to be HIPAA compliant.

1 answer

Hi Josh,

It doesn't look like Trello is currently HIPAA compliant, but it does adhere to the US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework. You can read more about Trello's privacy policy and compliances here: https://trello.com/privacy

My concern is the liability issue, if personal information which is sensitive, is accessible to Trello administrators or hackers.

I definitely understand that - privacy is important! The privacy policy linked above is written in a non-legalise manner that I'm finding easy to understand. It's definitely not lawyer jargon. I'd suggest giving it a read to help address your particular concerns. The policy will do a more thorough job of explaining things than any of us on the Community site will be able to do.

Thanks Daniel...John

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,484 views 21 17
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you