Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I buy an account, can all of my students use the shared classroom board?

Laura Cutler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2024

I'm an educator and have 4 classes. I'd like all of my students (60 per class) to each be a collaborator on their class board. 

I'm unclear on whether I need to buy an account, or if all my students also need to buy an account.

1 answer

1 vote
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2024

Hi, @Laura CutlerUpgrades apply to the entire Workspace rather than to individual users. (What are Trello Workspaces?)

However, that doesn't mean that all users have to be paid for as part of that bill. That depends on these criteria:

1. Members of the Workspace itself are always billable
  2. Guests of the Workspace are billable if they are members of more than one board. If the guest is only on one board, they're free.

Based on your description, it sounds like each student may only be a member of a single board, the board for their class. If that's the case, and if they're only a member of that board and not the Workspace itself, then they would be free in any of Trello's paid plans.

We have some more info on how this works here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/how-billing-works-with-trello-premium-and-standard/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events