Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify incoming messages outside of my domain

tkelly November 10, 2022

I use Sendboard to ingest new emails.  (awesome tool).  I want to flag messages that are received outside of "my.com" domain.  I can flag items within my domain, but I can't solve for the negative condition.  Here is the code I use:

when a comment containing 📩 [Email]({*}) From {*}@my.com{*} is posted to a card with an empty description by @sendboardbotxxx, add the Internal label to the card

But what I want is 

when a comment NOT containing 📩 [Email]({*}) From {*}@my.com{*} is posted to a card with an empty description by @sendboardbotxxx, add the External label to the card

I've spent too many cycles trying to solve this and now I've hit the wall.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  

1 answer

0 votes
XLR8 Work
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2022

I have not used Sendboard yet but what is the actual result of the second code in it's current state ? Does it just not match the criteria at all so nothing happens ?

Does the first code still work if you're less explicit and exclude this part ?  📩 [Email]({*}) From

and just use when a comment containing {*}@my.com{*} is posted to a card with an empty description by @sendboardbotxxx, add the Internal label to the card 

If that works, perhaps doing similar for the second code would help. I'm just thinking to simplify the criteria you are trying to match as much as possible, there must be something in there throwing it out, so can you strip it back at all ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events