Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO example boards for 1 day event planning

Grant Boulanger February 10, 2018

I'm searching for examples to help me understand how Trello can be used to manage a 5 person team creating multiple one day professional development events. 

Would experienced users recommend a single board for administration and communication and then different boards for each event? 

What does the community recommend and are there examples that speak to this?

Many thanks.

Grant in St. Paul, MN

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2018

Hi Grant,

Making recommendations like that is always especially difficult because it's more about the workflow that will work for you. What works for one team might not make sense for you, and Trello is designed to be flexible enough to work with all of those types of workflows.

That said, different boards for each event sounds like a good place to start, but that depends on how much there is to coordinate and how much content is associated with each event. Similarly, I'm not sure I can tell you what's best when it comes to if you should have one board for admin and communication—that depends entirely on what your needs are and what sort of communications are necessary. Some teams, for example, might find that this is more easily handled via chat and calendars, with additional boards set up by sub team.

I think you have a good starting point, but importantly, there's no best way to use Trello, so I would encourage you to give it a try. The best way to use Trello is the one that works for your team, so if you try this and it has some problems, you can change it!

We do have a couple of example resources that you may find useful:

One is our Inspiration Boards which can serve as real-world templates: https://trello.com/inspiration

And we also have a series of Team Playbooks to show how real teams can set up and use Trello: https://trello.com/teams

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events