Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to share a board with the client I'm creating the team training system for. How do I do that?

Paul Atherton October 12, 2020

I need to share a board with the client I'm creating the team training system for

I've tried to share the board - when they click the link it says "no account exists" with those details. I've even tried giving them my logon and password but they can't even login using my credentials

so how do I show my client what I've built for his team to use?

If I can't successfully share my board with him today I've got a big problem

please can anybody help?

Thank you

Paul

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2020

@Paul Atherton are you inviting them by sending a link? What I'd recommend is asking them to try first opening the link in an incognito/private browsing window, and this will prompt them to sign in or create an account. If they don't already have an account they will be able to create one.

If this works, then probably the issue is that they were already logged into Trello or Atlassian with a different account in the past and it's somehow still got session data stored in their browser.

0 votes
Alan Stephenson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2020

Hi Paul,

Is the client a user in your JIRA instance? When you share a board there are two items you need to make sure you have set:

1. board is shared with the project, or users of the system

2. filter of the board is shared with the same group of users

For example, if I have a board called XYZ that contains issues from project XYZ, as long as I give permission to users to see the board (option 1) I share the board with users in project XYZ and my user is in project XYZ you're good.

I also need to make sure if I created the filter for the board the filter is not PRIVATE; depends on each JIRA instance how new filters are set when you create them.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions feel free to let me know.

-alan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events