cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help

Ahmed Ali
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2024

My "doing" lists consists of 2 parts and I need help with automations. 

1. My recurring to do list, stuff I got to do everyday regardless of what day it is.
2. New tasks that I got to do, I write these in everyday.

My question is how can I have one list that includes both? I want to have it in such a way that when I drop the recurring tasks into the done list they automatically come back the next day. But I don't want that to happen to the new "single use" tasks that I type in everyday.

1 answer

0 votes
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

Hi @Ahmed Ali 

Does the card always moved out of Recurring into Done?

If yes, you should be able to use Butler (Automation) for this. Automation is available through the lightening symbol near the top-right.

Create a Rule, and then the rule might look like this...

• Trigger: Card Move
    • When a card is moved out of list Recurring
  • Action: 
    • Move the card to the bottom of list Recurring

---

You could also consider...

• Filtering the trigger to ensure the tasks are recurring. For example, add labels to recurring tasks, then you could use this type of trigger:
    • When a card with the green label is added to list Done
  • You could consider copying the card rather than moving it back again, if preferred. You can choose the copy option when setting the action

---

Let us know if this works!

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events