Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to synchronize two cards's custom field's number and Err: CANT_PARSE_COMMAND appears

Miguel Ribeiro Ferreira September 11, 2022

I am making a master budget card, and a  budget card for each List, and I'm trying to make two rules so that when I change any of the budgets by an amount, it automatically updates the master budget:

- a rule when it's a greater value, so it increases the master budget by that amount; 

- And another rule when it's a lower value, so it decreases the master budget by that amount;

image.png

It works when I use "is set" solely, but not when i use "is greater than"

Anyone knows how to fix this?

2 answers

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2022

@Miguel Ribeiro Ferreira 

If under normal use of a rule gives you some like "is set to a number greater than 1 in a card with ...." where it does not allow you to edit 1 to say 2, it means that you cannot use a variable in its place. 

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2022

@Miguel Ribeiro Ferreira welcome to the community :) I don't believe you can put a value in that field other than a number (so it's not possible to add a variable). What's the complete calculation you're trying to achieve? Potentially there's a way to achieve it without having the trigger be when the custom field is set to a number greater or lower. 

Miguel Ribeiro Ferreira September 22, 2022

I want to automate the actualization of a "Money" custom field in one card, to be the master budget, so that whenever I change the "Money" custom filed's value of any of the other cards, it adds or sutracts from the Master budget card "Money" custom field

DId this help?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events