Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like my students to copy my trello boards, do I need a paid subscription?

Dan Burke September 28, 2020

I want my online students to customize my trello boards once they copy them over, will this require a paid subscription? I hope to have hundreds doing this eventually. My second question is - is there an option to white label trello? Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2020

@Dan Burke yes you can do this, you just create a board, make it public and then share it with your students. They'll need a Trello account of course, but then they can copy the board.

The restrictions they have on how they use Trello will be unrelated to your account. They will have their own account, their board can be personal, can belong to a team, they can make it public.

If their board is personal and they try to add someone to it, they'll have to add the board to a team. A free team can only have 10 boards in it.

So yeah they will be the same sorts of upgrade messages that anyone gets when using Trello if they try to use certain features (add more than 1 power, use advanced checklists, need to add more than 10 boards to a team, exceed the free Butler quota and so on).

There's no white label option that I'm aware of.

0 votes
robert.nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2020

I am not a Trello expert by any means but I can somewhat "Customize" copied boards and I only have the free version.   Maybe a little more explanation on what you mean by customize.  Add cards?   Add voting?

Dan Burke September 28, 2020

Thanks for responding. I just want to make sure there are no restrictions on sharing boards. If I design a board and want to share it with 1000 people for example, so they can copy it and customize it for their own use, is this available on the free version? I don’t want to share boards if my students receive error messages or upgrade messages - hope that makes things clearer thank you 

robert.nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2020

Ah so the issue is with the free version can you copy a board.  I was actually struggling with that, and ended up just doing it manually as it was only 30 cards.   Since the option to copy the board (https://help.trello.com/article/802-copying-cards-lists-or-boards) does not appear on my free version, I would presume no...

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2020

You can copy boards in the free version.  I'm not sure why you don't see it (you should).

Like robert.nadon likes this
robert.nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2020

Ooops my mistake.  I can, I was one someone else's board that I had access to but obviously did not have all the rights as copy board was not there.  It was when I went to my board.

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events