cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to use trello for my restaurant

Spencer Metzger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 7, 2024

I am trying to use trello to organise my service in a restaurant only serving a tasting menu. I would like it to be a live feed between the different parts of the dining room where I am able to see what has been served, when it was served and it automatically highlights the next course. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 7, 2024

Doubled answer

Spencer Metzger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 9, 2024

Hi, thank you so much for the response. 

I am pleased it is all possible to achieve. I am not 100% on a few of the systems and how to set them up and implement. Is there a service or way where this can be assisted? 

Once again thank you for your time and help

Spencer 

Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 10, 2024

You're welcome:)
I'm sure there might be consultors who help with it, if that what you mean by service. I guess you may look for them right here in the community.

0 votes
Maria
Marketplace Partner
April 7, 2024

Using Trello to organize a live feed of service in a restaurant serving a tasting menu is a creative approach. Trello's flexible board, list, and card system can indeed be adapted for real-time coordination between different parts of a restaurant, such as the kitchen, dining room, and perhaps even the reception. Here's a way to set it up for your needs:

Setting Up Your Trello Board

1. Create a Board: Name it after your restaurant or the specific service you're planning, e.g., "Le Gourmet - Tasting Menu Service".

2. Create Lists for Each Course: Name each list after a course in your tasting menu, e.g., "Amuse-Bouche", "Starter", "Fish Course", etc., until you've covered all the courses you offer. You can also have lists for "Preparation", "Serving", "Completed", and "Special Requests".

3. Add Cards for Each Table: Within each course list, create cards for each table in your dining room. For example, under the "Starter" list, you might have cards titled "Table 1", "Table 2", etc.

Tailoring Your Trello for Live Feed and Automation

1. Use Labels for Status Updates: Trello allows you to use colored labels for cards. You can designate colors for different statuses like "Prepping", "Serving", "Served", and "Next". Apply these labels to your table cards to reflect their current status.

2. Automatic Highlighting of Next Course: Trello itself doesn't automatically highlight cards, but you can use a combination of labels (e.g., a bright color for "Next") and move cards to a "Next Up" list to manually manage what's coming next. For automation, you might need to integrate Trello with external tools.

3. Integration for Automation: Use Trello's powerful API or integrate with automation tools like Zapier or Butler. For example, you can set up a rule that when a card is moved to the "Completed" list, the next card automatically gets a "Next" label or moves to the "Next Up" list. This can somewhat automate the highlighting of the next course but might require a bit of setup.

4. Real-Time Updates: Ensure all staff involved in the service have access to the Trello board and can update it in real time. They can use mobile devices to quickly change the status of cards as dishes are prepared, served, and completed.

5. Special Requests: Have a list or card for special requests or dietary restrictions. This ensures that any table with specific needs is easily and immediately identifiable.

6. Training and Protocol: Make sure all team members are trained on how to use Trello for this purpose. Create a simple protocol for updating cards and labels so everyone is on the same page.

7. Feedback Loop: After each service, review the Trello board to identify any bottlenecks or issues. This will help you continuously improve the process.

Additional Tips

• Monitor Trello Live: Have a designated person or persons responsible for monitoring the Trello board throughout the service. This can be a manager or a maître d'.

• Use Trello Power-Ups: Explore Trello's Power-Ups to find tools that might further streamline the process. There might be Power-Ups specifically useful for the hospitality industry like Planyway for table booking process.

Implementing this system requires a bit of setup and getting used to, but once in place, it can significantly enhance the coordination and efficiency of your service. Always be open to tweaking the system based on what works best for your team and setting.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events