Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track who has raised an action on a card checklist

Peter Cranston April 15, 2024

Hi, my client has about 120 users across 8 Trello boards. We are using premium and make a lot of use of the ability to assign and track actions.  One of my clients, with one of the biggest boards, would like to be able to see who has allocated a Trello checklist actions.

This is required to allow any clarifications to be discussed with the action originator. The card activity log does not track this. My client also advises a vulnerability where a board member could delete an action and there would be no history of this being done.

Would appreciate feedback from the Trello experts out there on any mitigations and potentially support for a new feature request to Trello.

Thanks,

Peter C.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carolina Lopez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2024

Hi Peter,

I'm afraid it's not currently possible to view who performed actions on the checklist items. I created this ticket to send your suggestion to our product team: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TRELLO-260

I would also recommend you to visit that suggestion, login with your Atlassian account, and click Start watching this issue on the right panel. This will help our product and engineering team understand more about which functionalities our users are interested in. Also, when the ticket is updated by our product team, you'll be notified via email.

We have a workaround to log who created or deleted a checklist item. You can use Automation to add a comment whenever someone adds or deletes an item. Here's an example:

when an item is added to a checklist, post comment "{username} added {checklistitemname} to {checklistname}"

Peter Cranston April 25, 2024

Many thanks for this invaluable support. I have just added two butler automations to my client board and will shortly have very happy clients.

Thanks again

Peter C.

Carolina Lopez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2024

I'm happy to help! Let us know if any additional questions come up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events