Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch back to old labels?

Krzysztof K August 24, 2022

Hello.

How do I switch back to the old labels that were useful instead of the new ones that you actually have to read everytime because of the less distinct look and lower readability?

Thanks in advance!

5 answers

7 votes
Dustin Gutsche September 14, 2022

This is beyond frustrating. We've been using Trello for the last few years with all of our condo boards - each Trello board is for a different client. So right now we are running about 3900 Trello cards and 115 Trello boards. It's a massive amount of content representing all past and current work in our project management workflows from large to small jobs.

We have a finely tuned system of escalations through my staff based on the visual of the labels (different colors fall in different departments). It is now so hard to see that this communication is getting routinely misrouted.

As a business class user I want to express my extreme displeasure and advise I'm now looking at Base Camp and Asana as alternates like my competitors usually use. I've always liked the versatility of Trello with integrations however these sweeping changes with out consideration are TERRIBLE. 

You can tack on the inability to search by boards without knowing the board ID now - it's hidden in the URL so you can get it - but it makes the search functionality useless to my team when they are querying across multiple boards.

Atlassian has not elevated Trello - they are running it into the ground and I hope it shows in their market share.

3 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

@Krzysztof K and @Dominic Guérard im trying to connect with some folks at Trello and figure out what's going on here... seems like it's something that effects some users but not all. I'll let you know what i find out!

Dominic Guérard August 24, 2022

Thanks a lot !

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

@Krzysztof K @Dominic Guérard @Izabella  just chatted with some folks on product at Trello, and it sounds like they're rolling out some new features with labels, but this isn't the full update - there's more coming. 

In the meantime, I've volunteered to help funnel some feedback about this, so can you let me know a little more about what you're not liking about this so I can share that feedback? 

The colors make everything less distinct so it's a bit harder to see what is what on a board! The smaller black text is also less appealing to the eye! In general it is also uglier than what it was!

Thanks for the info!

Like # people like this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2022

Got it, noting the feedback, thanks!

Lucas Braga August 25, 2022

This new coloring of the label was horrible to see

Like Roland Swietli likes this
Krzysztof K August 27, 2022

Unfortunately I have found no setting for it and had to style them back from what I remembered...

4658465465465132132.jpg

zshirley August 29, 2022

How did you style them back Krzysztof K?

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2022

@Krzysztof K how did you style them back?

Lucas Braga September 2, 2022

@Krzysztof K how did you style them back?

2 votes
Versiris September 16, 2022

I really hope they change this back or let us use the old style... this new style is hard to see. I don't think using the patterns is a fair solution either it just looks worse.

2 votes

TRELLO.jpg

If you are talking about the pale colors and the paler text I would like to know as well!

Izabella August 24, 2022

Hi, I'm also having this problem, did you manage to resolve it?

Lucas Braga August 25, 2022

Me too!!

1 vote
Victor A_ September 14, 2022

There has to be a way to choose the format for the label, if anyone finds it please let me know, the transparent, updated labels are such a pain to look at!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events