Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set due dates on checklist from card due date

Quentin Labrosse October 7, 2020

Hi. 

I have a card on trello for a Halloween event that have the due date  31 of October.

On the card, I have the checklist of things to do in order to complete the card for the due date.

I want to create a rule with butler that sets due dates to the items on the checklist depending on the due dates.

- buy pumpkin 2 weeks before card's due date

- write invitation letters 4 weeks before card's due date

- send invitations 3 weeks before card's due date

and so on.

Is that possible?

Thank you for your help, I am looking forward to hear from you.

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2020

Nope ... dont think it is possible.  Halloween got cancelled this year.

Government restrictions prevent you sending the invitations, and Trello is preventing you having the pumpkin two weeks before ... it will go off, should be more one week.

You could set a task dependancy on the send inviations as you cant send what you havnt written.

Plus, if your having a party and using a butler ... where's my invite ?

DONT THINK THATS THE ANSWERS YOUR LOOKING FOR, BUT ITS THE ANSWERS TO THE QUESTION AND I JUST COULDNT RESIST ... SORRY.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2020

@Quentin Labrosse unfortunately you can't (yet) set due dates on checklists relative to the card's due date. You should be able to do this if you sub-task cards as linked checklist items like this:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392

Then have another rule that triggers when a card is created (you can copy labels when converting a checklist to linked cards, which means you can use a filter to only trigger when cards are created as subtasks) that grabs the due date from the first card linked in the attachments, sets a custom field to that card's due date on the trigger card, then moves the trigger card's due date by X days.

It's pretty clunky but doable. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events