Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set an all-day due date?

crispinb
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 8, 2018

I've used Trello for years but haven't needed due dates for my purposes until recently.  Now I'm surprised to find that it seems to be impossible to add a due date as an all-day event. Events with times just get hidden in a calendar, and aren't useful for high-level planning.

Is there a way to do this? I have tried a couple of power-ups (eg. Planyway), but each had their issues, rarely work in all Trello clients, and in any case I don't want to set dates in a view separate from the main board/card.

4 answers

7 votes
Eric Johnson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 14, 2018

I have recently invested a lot of time into the Trello platform.  It works beautifully and really helps organize priorities, projects, etc.  The BIG hole in Trello as I begin to integrate this into my calendar and time management process is that you are not able to create an event that shows as ALL DAY!  You're forced to pick a start time and this does not integrate well with a calendar, especially if you just want to utilize Trello by just identifying a task as a task(s) that just needs to be completed on a certain day, not specifically an exact time.  This problem becomes exacerbated when there are a lot of tasks that need to be completed on a particular day.  I've spent A LOT of time exploring/exprimenting with Trello and have begun to incorporate it into the company that I run, but honestly, the lack of this fundamental feature that is so important in planning has made me look at alternatives (despite the large amount of time and effort invested into Trello thus far).  The Planyway powerup (although very useful) is not a fix for this either as Trello just doesn't have an ALL DAY option for events.  I've seen many similar users voice their concern about this.  Is there any fix on the horizon for this?

Chris Jacobie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 21, 2018

I'm in the same boat as Eric. Trello is absolutely amazing except for lacking this one feature. If I had this, I could do a perfect execution of David Allen's GTD with Trello and Google Calendar.

I hope they add this soon!

Gaston Kurtz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 21, 2019

I'm in a similar boat here, except I am just now starting to invest a lot of time in Trello, but now am reconsidering as I discover the lack of such a crucial feature. As another user mentioned, having it be due at a specific time just causes things to get lost. I'm using this to track tasks and projects and need to be able to set some things for all day and other things for a timeslot with a beginning/end time. 

Like Robb Fleischer likes this
0 votes
Rodrigo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 24, 2021

I'm late for the party, but I'm starting to use Trello and this functionality is severely lacking if I want to fully integrate Trello into my calendar.

0 votes
Andrea Furedy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 15, 2021

I am in the same boat and need this as a feature. I use Calendly to allow clients to just book with me whenever I show as "available." I have many calendars connected to it BUT all things that show up as due from Trello are only blocking me as "busy" for one hour that day. I want the option to create things in trello with all day as an option so that for things like a video shoot booked months in advance without knowledge of what the exact schedule will be, it can just show in my calendar that I am "busy" that whole day so another client can't book me for a 15 min call while I am on set. This would be a wonderful feature to add, pretty please.

0 votes
Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2018

Unfortunately, you can't set all-day due dates, I usually set them for Midnight so I can still receive the reminder notification and I know they aren't at specific time of the day. :)

crispinb
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 10, 2018

Thanks for confirming. It is an odd lacuna on Trello's part.

Like # people like this
Matt Wilks
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 18, 2020

I'm in the same boat with this need. Having the ability to set an all-day due date on a card would allow me to use Trello as my main to-do management tool and have cards show up in my calendar as all-day tasks. It's a simple change to make that adds a lot of value -- can this be added as a feature request? Thanks.

Like # people like this
Robb Fleischer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 8, 2023

I am in the 'same boat' too.  Specific times are not so important and the all-day option would be preferred.  Setting them at midnight isn't a bad idea, but a lot of key stokes as a new card seems to present a random time when created.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events