Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve a 'canceled' card

Pam from Respectful Ways September 11, 2019

Hello!

Have any of you seen a button that showed as, 'cancel'? 

After working out details onto one of our cards, I wanted to delete an old note on the card. I saw a 'cancel' button to the right and thought, 'let's try this' -- Bad idea! 

I now can not find the entire card with all our detailed notes! 

I did not 'archive' the card, not did a 'delete' the card. The wording on the right side of the screen was, 'cancel'

Three questions:

-- I don't recall ever seeing 'cancel' as an option on a trello board, is this new?

-- Can I retrieve a canceled card?

-- How?

Thank you for any guidance or help you're able to share!

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

Hi Pam - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It is probably that marking the issue as Canceled that it set the resolution field - which then probably made it disappear from your board based on the sub-filter default. 

But you can always search for any issue in Jira - click on the magnifying glass to start the search and put in the key if you know it (e.g. ABC-123). Or type part of the summary field that would help find it. 

Hi John, 

Thanks for responding!

Looks like I have to download Jira to help me search for the missing card?

I don't know anything about Jira, is it the software that will help me find the card so I can retrieve it? 

Here's my worry:

You see the word 'archive' all over Trello, you see the word 'delete' all over Trello. I have never once ever seen the word, 'cancel' before - have you? Where does a 'cancelled' card go? If I could just get that answer and get my card, I'd be good to go.

Do Trello staff actually respond to 'Help' questions? Do you know of a phone # for Trello? The 1-888-411-1123 # I found on a google search for them doesn't work. Looks like a fake #. 

What next steps do you recommend? I apologize for so many questions, and I appreciate your help! There is a massive amount of newly added info on this card, hence my concern. 

P.S. - Before 'delete' and 'archive' can happen, Trello asks you 'are you sure' you want to delete or archive? Would you believe this 'cancel' button just out right removed the card! No 'are you sure' lightbox popped up. Strange.

Hi John,

I clicked the magnifying glass and searched for it many different ways already. Are you saying once I download Jira onto my laptop, the magnifying glass will then be able to retrieve information from hidden areas? If so, I'm on it! Let me know, thanks!

Also, does Trello have staff assigned to their 'help' line?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

Hey Pam - So sorry, didn't notice that this was Trello and not Jira, so not sure about canceling a Trello card. But I will poke around some more and see what I can find. 

Thank you SO much John. 

As mentioned - what I find so strange is that Trello offers you "an out" if you archive or delete, but this first-time-I've-seen "cancel" button that I pushed, removed the whole card immediately!  

You'd think they'd have safe-guards to stop that from happening, and my fingers are crossed they can access cancelled cards from their backend.

If you're unable to help, please let me know if you have a phone # to their help desk so I can speak with a Trello staff member. Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events