How to link Bitbucket's issues into Trello Dashboard

Hi Atlassian products Pros

I know that now Bitbucket is integrated with Trello that I can enable the add on of Trello boards in Bitbucket or use Bitbucket power-up in Trello. But the articles I found on those integrations are all on bring in Branch, Pull Request, Commits etc to Trello, but no instructions on how to connect the ISSUES(tasks, bugs, etc) in Bitbucket to Trello Boards for project management.

Would truly appreciate if someone can give some directions on this!

Thanks tons!

M

7 answers

8 votes

It's surprising to me that issues can't connect to cards. I mean, isn't that mostly what a card would be meant for when connected to bitbucket? (see Github projects)

Any chance you figured this out??  I have the same question word for word :)

Thanks

S

This is potentially helpful, but what I'd really want is 2-way integration, where a Trello card referenced the state of an issue & vice-versa.

Like 1 person likes this

+1 (Sam)

I don't understand the point of having Trello board when cards can't be linked to issues or vice versa. I think the problem is the conflict Atlassian has with their need to sell JIRA if they provide such integrations in free versions of bitbucket/trello then they are killing JIRA. So I am betting my money that this won't be implemented and Trello integration will just remain an attractive (read lockin) albeit weak model.

Like @Nekmo NAI am feeling the pressure to just move to Github

1 vote

So sad that this is not supported.

0 votes
Nekmo NA I'm New Here Sep 07, 2018

Bye, we moved to Github o/

0 votes
Nekmo NA I'm New Here Sep 25, 2018

@Daya SharmaThe Bitbucket issues system has not received improvements for years because Atalassian only wants to sell their other products: Bitbucket $5 + Jira $7 + Trello $10 + ...

But for most projects the Github issues system is sufficient and only costs $5-9 per person. It also includes a dashboard like trello. Atlassian should include a small Jira with Bitbucket.

Bitbucket is a zombie. Github is very attractive and Gitlab is much more complete.

Thanks @Nekmo NA I was wanting to try GitLab but wasn't sure. Have you tried GitLab cloud or on premise (self install)?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

156 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you