Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Trello indicate cards are "Done" in Timeline and Calendar Views?

Andy McAfee April 5, 2024

I'm curious how Trello indicates that cards are "Done" on the various Views? It seems Trello defines "Done" when the Due Date is marked as complete, and I see this is reflected on Trello's Calendar power-up. I see that it is a column on the Table Board View. I see that it can be filtered on the Workspace Table View.

However, on these Views, I cannot figure out how to identify which cards are Done:

- Timeline Board View doesn't seem to have a Done filter or a method to indicate a card is Done
- Calendar Board View doesn't indicate a card is Completed, but it does indicate a scheduled checklist item is Completed
- Calendar Workspace View doesn't have a filter to indicate Done status

Am I overlooking a filter or setting?

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2024

@Andy McAfee 

The idea that something is Done will depend on you use case. It can be via a move to a list named “Complete” or when a label “That’s all” is added to a card. For Trello it will show cards in your list or card with due date marked completed which will be applicable regardless of use case. 

Andy McAfee April 5, 2024

@milynnus 

I agree with your explanation, but what is bothering me is that the Trello Calendar Power Up defines card "Done" when the Due Date Done checkbox is selected (card name font is strikethrough).

However, that "Done" definition does not translate to the Premium Timeline and Premium Calendar views which is a minor inconvenience, but still seems like a product design oversight.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2024

@Andy McAfee 

Since cards with a due date and checklist items with due dates appears on Calendar view, I would say it is correct from an app perspective that the are strikethrough....whether that is to be interpreted as "Done", I don't think that was the intent of the designer of that feature. You have to ask them. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events