How do I use the trello app offline on my mac?

Penny Locaso April 17, 2018

I downloaded the app for mac as it said I could then use trello offline but every time I try to use offline it keeps telling me I need to be online to use trello?

5 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2018

Hi Penny,

Unfortunately only the mobile apps (iOS and Android) support offline mode (documentation reference). It is on the list of possible future features for desktop applications though.

Cheers,
Daniel

Tina Yazdi August 21, 2018

Hi Daniel - what is the status of releasing offline on the web app? The only reason I downloaded it (and I would assume most of your users would download it) is that a basic functionality of desktop apps is that they work offline, which Trello has failed to deliver on. What was the use case you built the desktop app for? Right now, the desktop app does only what the web app does but worse because the integrations do not even work on the desktop app. The only possible reason anyone would download it is for offline compatibility.

Saying the mobile app has offline is not an answer - managing multiple Trello cards and boards on a mobile phone, no matter what size the screen, is a punishing idea. There's not even a nice way to toggle between boards but that doesn't even begin to cover how painful this is.

I have a paid account with Trello, and this would be smth pushing me to churn to smth more sophisticated like Omnifocus, as my Trello is effectively inaccessible or modifiable when I'm traveling, have bad wifi connections etc

Like # people like this
Mark Ehrhardt July 27, 2020

Hi, here we are in 2020... my companies VPN recently blocked you so I must have offline support or I'll be forced to switch. 

Like danielleturton likes this
Jean-Luc October 28, 2020

I just started to use Trello as my main productivity app but without offline mode, I'll have to look for another one :-( 

CH November 18, 2020

It's now 2200 but Trello still doesn't have an app for offline use. :-(

Emerson Andrade November 25, 2022

Vou optar por usar o Planner do Microsoft 365, infelizmente vou ter que abandonar todos os recursos do trello só porque o Programa desenvolvido não tem Suporte OFFLINE, em pleno final de 2022. 
Programa já está rodando a anos sem essa atualização fundamental para melhor utilização das funcionalidades, porque baixar um programa e não poder utilizar OFFLINE é um verdadeiro absurdo.

6 votes
David Brenner July 10, 2018

I'd love to see this feature on MacOS as well

4 votes
Marcos Dias Alves November 1, 2018

I am just starting to use Trello for both personal and professional projects and I am shocked to learn that the Mac app does not work offline.

I experienced a power outage today while working from home, tried to open Trello to review an update a project and, suprise, did not load at all.

Switched to Todoist to update some tasks, then opened Ulysses and other apps with no problems at all.

2 votes
Albert Mergeay May 19, 2019

Anyone knows the status of the offline functionality for Trello on a MacBook? Is there a 'view' of the roadmap on Trellodevelopment? Like MS Office 365 for instance?

Albert Mergeay September 2, 2019

I guess this thread is 'out of office'... :-(

0 votes
Jean-Luc November 18, 2020

Maybe that with Mac OS Bug Sur running on M1 chips it will be possible to use the iPad version of the app... and maybe that the experience is going to be ok without touch screen ? Has anyone tried ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events