Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the date/year?

Deleted user March 29, 2024

I added my timezone through the “change my language page” and started the premium trial, but the dates it’s giving me are for Feb 2022 (it’s March 2024 atm, lol).

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2024

Hi @[deleted] 

How did you generate the Board Lists, which are date-based?

It's not essential to have a list per date (as there will be a lot) - you could just have a "Done" list, and leave items in there once complete.

Ste

Deleted user March 30, 2024

Hi @Ste Wright . I selected a template (I'm not sure which one), but I see that it's not automatic atm.

Do you know if there's a way to create a new card, every day, with the current date automatically being the title of the card?

Or 

If I have a Done list, how would I be able to track the cards that I completed every day without having to manually type in the day?

Deleted user March 30, 2024

This is the current automation I have...

every day, create a new list named "getDate()" in the bottom position on board "Test"

Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2024

Hi @[deleted] 

You can do this using a Schedule rule - should look like this:

• Trigger: Scheduled
    • every day at <time here>
  • Action: Add Card
    • create a new card
    • with title {datelong}
    • in list <list here>

Date variables can be seen on this page: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/butler-variables/

For the Done list, if you have a paid plan, you could...

• Create a custom date field - eg. Closed Date
  • Check the box during creation to "Show field on front of card"
  • Use Automation to populate the field when the card moves to Done

Rule might look like this...

• Trigger: Card Move
    • when a card is added to list Done
  • Action: Fields
    • set custom field Closed Date to {date}

Note: It might be useful to also have a second rule to clear the Closed Date, if the card is moved out of Done.

---

A second option (which does not require a paid plan) is to create a rule which marks the Due Date as "Done" - which makes it green. This is a nice visual option, if the custom field isn't highlighted enough.

Rule might look like this...

• Trigger: Card Move
    • when a card is added to list Done
  • Action: Dates
    • mark the due date as complete

Note: This doesn't change the due date though, like the custom field above which sets the actual date. You'd also need to set a due date during card creation.

Let us know what works best for you :)

Ste

1 vote
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2024

Hi @[deleted] and welcome to the Community!  What / where are you seeing 2022 dates?   Are you sure the format is MM/YYYY or could it be that the date you're seeing is Feb 22 (2024)?

Or could it be that the time zone change has not fully propagated as per the notice you see when you change the timezone?

Capture.PNG

Hi @Laurie Sciutti . I believe that the time zone update is the case in this scenario, but it’s been 5 or 6 hours since I changed it and I haven’t seen anyone else comment on the length of time it’s supposed to take. Screenshot below. Thanks. IMG_0274.jpeg

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2024

Hey @[deleted] ~ that actually looks like the NAME of the list....

Correct, and the dates keep going (Feb 9th 2022, Feb 8th 2022, etc.). Are people manually changing the names of lists every day?
If I put something in the “Done Today” list, does it not get recorded for that date automatically and the card moves back to the original list? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events