Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I turn on the native notifications for the win10 desktop app

Dominik Harzl January 5, 2018

Hi,

I can't find anything about notifications on trello for the win 10 Desktop app.

There is a little bit about it in the following article

http://help.trello.com/article/1095-trello-desktop-apps

but they wrote only about it, using it on a mac.

The secound Thing i found is directly in the win 10 Desktop app under the Control Panel, there they wrote:

Notifications

To enable, disable, or configure native notifications go to Control Panel > Notifications.

Button: Send Test Notification

Unfortunately in the Windows notification Center is no "Trello" button to switch on.

The notifications for Browser are working perfectly but the native Version on the Desktop app are not working.

Thanks for help,

and I'm sorry for ma terrible english.

Bye, Dominik

6 answers

1 vote
Marco Rodella
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 13, 2018

Hi, same problem here: version 2.10.3 on Windows 10. Any news about this subject? Thanks

Deleted user April 13, 2018

I heard from the support team recently that the bug has been fixed (finally!) and will be released in an upcoming app update.  Assuming that will be v2.10.4.

Jason Walther June 4, 2018

2.10.4 with Win10 Fall Creators Update, still not working :-(

Deleted user June 4, 2018

2.10.4 is working properly on latest Windows 10 (Redstone 4, 10.0.17134.81) - April 2018 Update

Notifications now appear in notification center

Trello app now appears in notification settings

Jason Walther September 6, 2018

Yes it's working now I also updated my computer!

0 votes
Marco Rodella
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 20, 2018

Hi,

I've got Trello 2.10.8 on Windows 10 Pro 1803 (build number 17134.407) and now the button "Send test notifications" work properly!

Thanks, MR

0 votes
Rafaela Rodrigues
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 19, 2018

Hi,

I am having the same problem, app in the latest version, and the uninstall did not work, the send button notification test does not work, it does not seem to have a function on it.

Deleted user July 19, 2018

The latest version 2.10.4 is working properly.  The only thing I have noticed is that if you have the Trello app open and click one of the Windows 10 notifications another Trello instance will open.

0 votes
ivanhennig
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 1, 2018

Hey guys, same here. 

Version 2.10.2 and new installation of Windows 10.

Any news about this subject?

Maxime Massaer March 13, 2018

Hi Ivan,

No, we are still waiting for a fix. This is due to win10 fall creator update managing the notifications differently and they are working on a fix, hopefully for the next update

Deleted user March 20, 2018

Just updated to 2.10.3 on Windows 10.  Native notifications are still not working even after deleting the app and reinstalling.  Send Test Notification button in Preferences pane still appears to be disabled.

Windows 10 version 1709, build 16299.192

0 votes
Dominik Harzl January 12, 2018

I got response from the support team / expert, I hope this helps:

We have to wait for the next update/patched version.

My name's Aditya, a hardcore Trello user here to help you. 

This is a known bug issue that the Trello team is working on right now. Hopefully, it'll be patched soon. Just make sure the Trello app is up to date. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask and I'd be glad to help. 

Regards, 
Aditya.

Rares
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 18, 2018

I did an update an now the Trello desktop app is at version 2.10.2 but the notifications still not working. 

Dominik Harzl January 18, 2018

I wrote this article already with vers. 2.10.2 installed.

I didn't know that the issue was there before, but with version 2.10.2 it is.

So the issue is hopefully solved with the next version.

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

Hi Dominik,

Sorry to hear that! If local notifications aren't working, the first thing I'd suggest is doing a full uninstall of the app, and then reinstalling it. Usually that clears things up. We have instructions for doing that here: http://help.trello.com/article/1107-how-to-uninstall-the-trello-desktop-app

Dominik Harzl January 9, 2018

Hi Michael,

I don't think that the installation is the problem. (I hope so)

I've installed it on 7 different Win10 workstation and have the same problem on every pc. (The workstation where all new installed by myself, a clean win10 installation whith all updates and without any programs on it)

Also there is nothing happening when you click the "Send Test Notification" button. It's like there is no function behind, it's like you click beside the button on the white screen ;-)

Thanks so far

Dominik

Dominik Harzl January 9, 2018

One thing I've forgotten:

Should there be a "Trello" Button in the windows notification center like i wrote above?

Or does Trello communicate through a other "standard" channel?

I have a other program that works for notifications and also is not in that list...

Thanks, Dominik

Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2018

There should be a Trello option in that list, and typically, doing the full uninstall and reinstall helps.

If it doesn't, can you get in touch with us via https://trello.com/contact? That way, we can take a closer look and I can escalate to one of our Desktop engineers to find out what's happening!

Rares
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 12, 2018

It happens to me also, and full uninstall and install is not fixing the issue.

Mike
Atlassian Team
January 12, 2018

Rares, can you also get in touch via https://trello.com/contact, then? We'll be glad to look into it!

Aaron Ros January 18, 2018

Same here on several Windows 10 computers with Fall Creators Update, earlier versions of Windows 10 are working fine. Waiting for the update.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events