Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I best use Trello for Work and Personal Productivity?

Liana Clark August 17, 2020

I've been using Trello to capture my work and personal tasks in a personal Trello account. I've learned that my company now allows us to use Trello from work using SSO. I'm trying to figure out whether I should create a new Trello account using my work email or switch the email account associated with my personal Trello account to my work email. My goal is to have an unified task list but with the login based on the work SSO. 

What should I do in this situation? Thanks in advance!

Liana

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2020

@Liana Clark Trello recently released the ability to add multiple accounts within the same browser session (and will shortly release the same ability in their mobile apps, it's already in beta on the iOS app). So I'd recommend creating 2 accounts, one for personal and one for work.

Then, you can always just have a few personal boards that are owned by your personal account, but invite your work member to those boards, then you can still see everything from your SSO work login, but if you leave that job, they won't own your boards with your personal stuff in them.

If you want to create copies of your personal stuff in your work boards, for example when you add yourself to a card in one of your personal boards, you could do this with Butler:

2020-08-18 at 2.05 pm.png

Liana Clark August 20, 2020

Hi Iain,

Please forgive my delay in replying. This is a fascinating approach. Thanks for the suggestion.

So you think I should keep the boards on my personal account and create the rule to add items to the work board? I'll give that a try to see how that works.

Liana

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2020

@Liana Clark I think that's how I'd do it, because you're bound to have way more cards and boards in your work account, and your work will get iffy about you adding rules to add all your work cards to a personal board you control.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events