Filter by author / creator

I was wondering if anyone knows how to filter a Trello board by the author of a card. 

For example - if you want to see a team members cards they have created. How do you that? 

They might not be a member of that card. 

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N Community Champion May 26, 2017

You'd need to have a basic understanding of dev tools, but here's this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37467839/does-trello-provide-a-way-to-identify-who-created-a-card

Natively filtering within Trello board/ short answer to your question is that there is not a way  

A couple possible workarounds:

You can use the filter on the board to filter by assigned members, but they do need to be a member of the card.

There's a Business Class Team Admin function that shows what boards the team member is a part of and show you the team member's assigned cards from that page (http://help.trello.com/article/714-business-class-user-guide#View-team-members-activity-boards-and-cards)

But only individual users can see all their assigned cards at www.trello.com/my/cards. 

And they do have to be a member of the card to see that.  I suppose you could view the activity feed to find what info you need like when someone added a card - it'll show who and when. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Sep 11, 2018 in Trello

There’s a Power-up for That!

So you’re using Trello at work, at home and to track your new DIY crafts. The family and co-workers are all on board and everything is organized, color coded and has a due date. But still, there’s so...

604 views 2 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you