Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fairly new to automation, is it possible to add a qualifier to the trigger?

Chrystal McFarland December 8, 2022

I just set up an automation rule earlier, which is as follows:

when a card is moved into list "Queued" by anyone, uncheck all the items in checklist "Dailies" on the card

Problem is, not every card has the "Dailies" checklist because not everything tracked by the board requires it. I could put an empty Dailies list on the cards so they don't throw an error, but that creates clutter that could confuse someone who has to handle the board but may not know about the need for an empty list.

Is there a way to add a modification to the automation to say, "when a card is moved into list "Queued" by anyone AND has a "Dailies" checklist, uncheck all the items in checklist "Dailies" on the card"?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chrystal McFarland December 22, 2022

Answered my own question on this; I toggled the "Advanced" switch on the trigger and added both the incomplete and complete versions of "Dailies" to the trigger, comes out looking like this:

when a card with checklist "Dailies" incomplete with checklist "Dailies" complete is added to list "Queued", uncheck all the items in checklist "Dailies" on the card
0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2022

@Chrystal McFarland 

Did not get to check Trello automation but the idea is you have the filter on the card like the presence of a non empty checklist by that name. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events