Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailing all cards in a list

Michael C April 22, 2024

Hi I'm looking for an automation feature or formula in which every morning I can have an automation scheduled to email me each card name in a certain list.

For example lets say I have 3 card names in a list...

1. "Buy milk"
  2. "Buy eggs"
  3. "Buy cake"

Every morning, I want to receive 3 emails at the same time.  One email sent to me with "Buy milk" in the subject line, a second email with "Buy eggs' in the subject line, and a third email with "Buy cake" in the subject line.

Is this automation doable?

1 answer

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2024

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can set up custom email reports/notifications using automation, however, it's not quite possible for the use case you've described.

For example, you could set up a report for all cards in a list, and have that send as a scheduled email notification. If you want separate items, you'll need to create a separate list for each item (which isn't sustainable).

Here's a rule you could create to get all cards in a list:

• every day at 9:00 am, create a report with all cards in list "Test" using pattern "[{cardname}]({cardlink})", and send an email notification to [email] with subject "Cards in Test" and message "{$report}"

2024-04-30_17-48-27.png

In this example, the rule includes variables that pull card data (https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/butler-variables/). You can find the "create a report" action under the Other tab.

You can read more about creating custom reports using automation here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/creating-reports-with-butler/

Please let us know if you have any other questions, and we'll be happy to help.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events