cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DELETED CARD

Allie Ripplinger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 13, 2023

HOW AND WHY IS THERE NOT A RECOVERY OPTION FOR A DELETED CARD?

Does anyone have any idea if there is any way of recovering a deleted card? I have now lost months of work lists.

2 answers

1 vote
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2023

Hi @Allie Ripplinger 

I am vocal about Trello's shortcomings and frustrations but on this occasion, I will leap to its defence...

There are 2 stages to the delete process on Trello

Step 1: Archive - This is recoverable

Step 2: Delete - This is not.

Its pretty much in line 2-stage deletion of other software

Please check this article out...

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/archiving-and-deleting-cards/ 

I would suggest to avoid this being a problem in the future, you look into a solution like Backups for Trello by Rewind.

For ~$5 a month it will help protect you from erroneous deletion...

1 vote
Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 13, 2023

Hi @Allie Ripplinger !

If you archived it, you can retrieve it from your archived list. However, if you have genuinely deleted it, there is no way to recover it as deletion is irreversible.

To delete a card, you must first archive it. Click the card to open it, then choose "Archive" from the bottom right. After archiving, a new "Delete" option will be available. Because deleting a card is unrecoverable and permanent, this requires a confirmation click.
https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/archiving-and-deleting-cards/ 

Allie Ripplinger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 13, 2023

Hi @Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _  thank you for the info!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events