It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custom Fields to only one card?

Is there a way to add a custom field to only one card on a board?

We have some projects where an element might have 3 deliverables. So those deliverables would have different due dates. However, I don't necessarily want multiple due dates listed on other cards on that board where there is only one deliverable.

3 answers

1 vote

Any luck finding a solution/workaround to this? I also would like to have custom fields but specific for each card, not the entire board. Perhaps someone has come up with something new.

Unfortunately no. The answer above pretty much says there's no work around.

Also wondering if there has been anything implemented as a work around for this, perhaps with the new integrations with Butler?

For example, I have a Team board, which has all kinds of info on it (on different cards, to make it easier to find specific things) about our team. Each Team member has a list titled after them (with their name), and on their list, there are cards like "Contact Info", "Personality Assessments", "Fun Stuff", etc. I wanted custom fields for the Contact Info card, such as "Email" and "Phone", but those fields don't need to be on the other cards. Only the Contact Info cards.

I watched a webinar about the new Butler integrations on April 4, 2019. So I know there's been some changes. Was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the updates would provide a work-around using Butler.

Just looked through Butler more carefully, and looks like an option for this is still not available. I submitted a feature request.

0 votes
torben Atlassian Team Mar 26, 2018

Right now, if you create a custom field it will be available for all cards on the board. You can however chose not to actually add a date for other cards on that board. However there is currently not an option to suppress the fields on a specific card - sorry.

0 votes

The only answer seems to be creating a separate board with that one card you want to have the custom fields in and then linking that card into the board you want. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

There's a lot to love about the next evolution of Trello Community

Hi, team, Whether you've been hanging out here in the Trello collection for awhile, or whether you're just now joining us from the Trello Slack Community, we’ve got some exciting news about th...

2,303 views 23 46
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you