Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create linked cards from checklist items that are assigned to me

Lasse Pedersen February 15, 2021

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to create a butler rule that automatically creates linked checklist items (Like this one here) for those checklist items that are assigned to me? 

The goal is to automatically create Cards in my personal board from checklist items in a team board so that they don't get lost.

Thank you for your help

2 answers

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2021

Hi Lasse,

Thanks for reaching out!

Felix is correct here – we currently don't have a lot Butler support for Advanced Checklist items yet.

That said, there is a workaround, but it will only work if you are @mentioned on a checklist item - not assigned.

Here's an example rule:

Image 2021-02-18 at 10.34.18 am.png

This rule will need to be enabled on the team board.

Also, please note that the linked card title will include the @mention since that is title of the checklist item.

I hope that helps!

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Kate Tobin March 30, 2021

Please keep this in mind for future Butler updates! I would love to have the capability to automatically create a new card on my personal board when assigned to an item on a checklist.

I am having trouble finding the "Convert the item to a linked card" anywhere on the Butler rules.

0 votes
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2021

Currently, no.

Butler doesn't support the advanced checklist features (due dates and assignee on check items) yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events