Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a report in variable - only gives 100 card email output

Chuck Masluk November 28, 2022

Here is my code:

create a report in variable "test2report" with all cards in list "Main Expedite" using pattern "- [{cardname}] {cardfirstmemberfullname}", and send an email notification to "****@??????.com" with subject "Test Report" and message "{$test2report}"

Pretty Simple and I get an email with what I want, except for card limitation.

I get this back in the in the butler box after running:

Running "CFM test report" on board "TD Expedite"

I created a report with 100 cards in variable {$test2report}.

Note that there were more cards to be collected, but there's a limit on the number of cards I will process with one command. The limit depends on your current plan, and it helps preserve overall system performance.

An email was sent to @******@????????.com.

Eventually I will have a few thousand cards on the board, not all active, but still on the board.

Currently on Premium plan.

How do I change the limit ?

Thanks,

Chuck

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2022

Hi Chuck - I'm afraid we don't have a way to increase that limit at the moment, primarily for that performance reason mentioned in that message. 

At the moment, the maximum number of cards that can be included in an emailed report like this is capped at 100. 

Perhaps a workaround could be to limit your report to cards with a particular status or label, like "Todo" or "Unprocessed" or something similar. That way, you could have a larger number of cards on the board, but only receive an email report about cards that required a particular action.

If you needed reports for other labels, you could create a second rule, and it would also be able to process 100 cards from that secondary label.

Chuck Masluk November 30, 2022

Cody, I kinda figured that was going to be the answer.  Since this report is about who created the card (first member when card was created). I decided have an automation run weekly filtered by a status date custom field. status date = date created.

Like Cody C. likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events