Create Trello due date as part of creating a card via email

I use the functionality to create new cards via email which is great but want to include a Due Date rather than add it after. Is there any way to do this using any field codes or content in the subject or body of the email?

1 answer

0 vote

Hey Dave

Trello doesn't support this functionality, however you can use Butlerbot.

1) Add Butlerbot here

2) A new list will be created called Butler

• Add a new card with any of the below 3 card titles (whichever suits your needs best)
  • Butler will automatically add itself to any cards in this list to run the commands
  1. when a card with a name containing a date is emailed into the board, set due on the date
  2. when a card with a description containing a date is emailed into the board, set due on the date
  3. when a card with a name or a description containing a date is emailed into the board, set due on the date

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Wednesday in Trello

Get inspired with Trello & earn free Gold

A blank Trello board can be both a beautiful and intimidating thing. How many lists should I have? Is creating 10 labels overkill? How can I best track my progress? Is there a way...

57 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you