Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Craftsmen available

Wall Group Admin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2024

Hello!

We are a construction and painting company that uses Trello to manage ongoing projects.

We would need help to be able to easily and clearly see how many craftsmen are booked and how many are available each day in order to be able to plan future jobs more efficiently.

A Trello card corresponds to an individual project and each project is assigned 1-3 craftsmen upon booking.

We use the "Users" function in the Trello card to assign the work to one of our project managers, after which we need another function for the craftsmen.

If anyone knows how this could be solved, we would be grateful for your help! Suggest that in the corner of the card in the calendar view it says "5/10 craftsmen booked" or similar.

It would be best if the number of booked and available craftsmen could be followed in a curve so that we can also see further in time what the occupancy looks like.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2024

@Wall Group Admin 

When members are added to card you would not be able to distinguish between the project manager and the craftsmen. Since you have not control on the card UI, the idea of have 5/10 at the corner will probably be not doable. Those like 2/5 checklist items completion statues are managed by Trello. You can add badges but that will require you doing quite a bit of coding. 

However what is generally available that can help in your use case is to have a checklist for cardlinks representing resources (craftsmen) associated with a project and have the card be in any of the 10 representing the resource. In that way, project managers knows the craftsmen assigned and from the list we know the number of jobs assigned to a craftsman. 

We can deploy automation to manage work and work completion including managing the archival of job cards on the craftsman list. 

My contact details are on my profile page. 

0 votes
Antonio Panea Pastor May 3, 2024

Hi @Wall Group Admin ,

Wow, that will require a lot of out-of-the-box thinking. I have an idea that might help, but please consider it as just advice:

I would create a first list called "My Team". In that list, I would create a card called [Craftsmen] and add the 10 members to that card.

Then, I would set up an automation that triggers every time you add a member (Craftsman) to a card (Project, in your case) that is not in the list "My Team". This automation would remove the member from the card [Craftsmen], ensuring you always have an accurate count of available Craftsmen.

Additionally, I would add another automation that runs every day at the end of the day, removing all members from the cards and re-adding them to the [Craftsmen] card again.

If you think this approach could work, please let me know. We also offer Consultancy Services & Tailored Solutions to Trello users, and we'd be happy to assist further.

Cheers

Toni

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events