Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Comments on Linked Cards

Hi Everyone, 

The scenario is we have 2 boards for separate employees and link cards so they appear on both colleague's boards. 

I am trying to ensure if 1 colleague posts a comment on a card on their board it also appears in the linked card on the colleagues board. I have done this manually currently through a rule: when a comment is posted to a card by @Member, find the first card linked in the attachments, and post comment "\"Comment by {username} on {date} {time24} : {commenttext}\""

My problem is that this creates a loop if you set this rule up on both boards. 

I am using linked cards as a workaround to using a card mirror (until Trello develops this and includes it) and wondering if anyone had any suggestions or workarounds to solve this. 

Thanks. 

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Oct 18, 2021

Someone might be able to propose a solution to avoid looping, but Butler isn't really designed to create 2-way syncs due to the looping issue as mentioned here. Have you looked into Unito? They have two power-ups: Mirror which is more of a manual process and pricing is based on the amount of cards you want to mirror. Board Sync is the other which is more of an automated sync and pricing is based on the number of boards you need to connect, so you can sync an unlimited amount of cards. You can choose to sync all cards across boards, or just a subset.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,393 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you