Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments on Linked Cards

Shaun Maloney October 18, 2021

Hi Everyone, 

The scenario is we have 2 boards for separate employees and link cards so they appear on both colleague's boards. 

I am trying to ensure if 1 colleague posts a comment on a card on their board it also appears in the linked card on the colleagues board. I have done this manually currently through a rule: when a comment is posted to a card by @Member, find the first card linked in the attachments, and post comment "\"Comment by {username} on {date} {time24} : {commenttext}\""

My problem is that this creates a loop if you set this rule up on both boards. 

I am using linked cards as a workaround to using a card mirror (until Trello develops this and includes it) and wondering if anyone had any suggestions or workarounds to solve this. 

Thanks. 

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2021

Someone might be able to propose a solution to avoid looping, but Butler isn't really designed to create 2-way syncs due to the looping issue as mentioned here. Have you looked into Unito? They have two power-ups: Mirror which is more of a manual process and pricing is based on the amount of cards you want to mirror. Board Sync is the other which is more of an automated sync and pricing is based on the number of boards you need to connect, so you can sync an unlimited amount of cards. You can choose to sync all cards across boards, or just a subset.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events