Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining link with photo

Terry Valentine February 19, 2024

Is there a way to combine photos with attached links on a card?  See below...There are two separate entries for the same recipe link, one with a photo, one without.  Why can't the photo simply occupy the blank attachment window of the lower entry (i.e., the gray box with the little paper clip)?  This would make so much more sense but it's not an option as far as I can tell.  Thanks.

Lamb card.png

2 answers

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2024

Hi @Terry Valentine 

I understand what you are trying to do and unfortunately this is not possible.  One workaround which makes it far more visually appealing...have you considered adding the photo's and links into the description

Screenshot 2024-02-20 10.58.15.png

With this method, it will also add the image as an attachment in case you want to use it as a card cover...

Note, using smart links, you may find you don't even need the separate image:

Screenshot 2024-02-20 11.04.00.png

Terry Valentine February 20, 2024

Hi Mike...The idea is to have multiple recipes using the same basic ingredient (lamb in this case) on one card, which is why I enter them under Activity instead.  I'm not familiar with smart links but this may accomplish my purpose. 

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2024

You can use the same advanced editing capability in the comments too so I think you can achieve what you're looking for with this....

0 votes
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2024

Hi - I hope that you are Doing good !!
In this scenario, Trello card is treated as a separate entity, and you cannot directly overlay or merge attachments together

Time being manually make out by consolidate multiple attachments into a single entity on the Trello card

Hope this helps

Thank you very much and have a fantastic day!
Warm regards

Terry Valentine February 19, 2024

Are you saying I can consolidate the two attachments manually?  This is what I would like to do, but I don't know how.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events