Changing comment date

Tim Churchman September 21, 2021

Hi, wander if anyone can help. I use Trello independent of a team and add my own comments to cards. 

is there a way to change the comment date and time?

Hope this makes sense

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

Hi Tim, quick answer: no. The timestamps that tell you when changes happened to the card (including comments) are non-editable. What would be the reason behind wanting to change it?

Tim Churchman September 22, 2021

Hi, thank for reply. I use Trello in my personal capacity. I use Trello to write notes about conversations I have and actions I need to take on projects. So instead of me saying for example "Spoke to Hanna regarding job on Tuesday. I can write something like "spoke to Hanna" and change the date of comment to Tuesdays date. Not sure if im making sense?

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2021

Yes, that makes sense! Here's a different approach; how about creating a dedicated list for notes, and each card in that list is a note. The notes can be contained within the card's description, and you can use a custom due date field to show when the event happened (or the native due date if you don't have a paid plan). 

You can also reference any related cards by pasting them into the note card. Without opening any cards, hover your mouse over the card you want to copy, hit CTRL + C, hover over the destination card and hit CTRL + V to paste. 

Additionally, you can use labels to categorise your notes so that way you can easily filter the board to find your notes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events