Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Board Member to Guest

MegK3 January 10, 2019

I invited a client to a board and then added the client as a member.  However, I now realize I want that individual as a guest only.  How can a change a board member to a guest without having to resend the invitation?

To clarify, I have a team called Client where I want all my clients as guests so I can invite them to the appropriate board.  I added one as a team member, which I want to change to guest.  How can I keep that person on the board, but change him from a team member to a guest in the client team?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MegK3 January 11, 2019

I figured it out.  If you go to the team>members and select remove member, it will automatically make that person a guest, and it keeps the person on the board to which he/she was invited.

mzopes March 25, 2020

Not true.  I added my personal email to the team and then removed them.  Gone from team and not added to guests.  We are using the business plan edition if that makes any difference.

Like Geir Borse likes this
Chris Minnes March 2, 2022

I experienced the same thing. The user was completely deleted. Anyone else figure this out?

1 vote
Femke Koenders December 8, 2022

I don't seem to be able to change it at all......frustrating. We use premium and I have 7 members on the board. Costs way too much so I want to change some to guests because they should not be members. I can't figure it out.

0 votes
Kari Allen August 28, 2023

I also have this question - anyone figure it out?

0 votes
Bret O_Connor July 19, 2023

<bump> this was not solved as was indicated above. Anyone have an answer here?

0 votes
Spencer Gordon May 22, 2023

I want to understand the same thing.  How to move a Member of a board to Guest status.

It appears the member has to be completely removed then reinvited as a guest.

Can anyone confirm this or is there another solution?

David Topping
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 8, 2023

I just tested the accepted solution and it worked for me, as long as the member I removed belonged to a board. It's important that they only belong to one board in the workspace, or they might become a "multi-board guest" which is billed the same as a member.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events