Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards moving on its own

Monica Yatsyla October 25, 2022

Hi,

Wondering if this has happened to anyone else... Around 3pm est today I got about 52 email notifications that trello cards were moved. No one on the team board made these moves and there was no automation that would have made it move.  Anyone know why this happened and how it can be reversed?

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Alex _ Trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2022

Hey @Monica Yatsyla - welcome to the Community!

Those notifications should have said who moved the cards - did you reach out to the user who the notification noted moved cards?

Any chance that they have any automations or Power-Ups set up on your board that may have moved cards? 

Monica Yatsyla October 26, 2022

Hi @Alex _ Trello -

The other users did not move the cards.  They were physically seeing the cards being moved on their screen. We do have Butler and some automation rules but none of the cards would have kicked those off.

Monica

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2022

So who did the notifications (and card history) say moved the cards?

Like Alex _ Trello likes this
Alex _ Trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2022

+1 @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - @Monica Yatsyla while I understand you're saying you believe these users didn't actually move the cards, if you send through that information as to who the notifications did say moved the cards, that would help here. 

Again, these users could have set up automations themselves that moved the cards, you may have Power-Ups that did it, etc. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2022

Sorry, my comment was a bit accusatory!  Thanks @Alex _ Trello for pulling me up on that!

I do not want to suggest that your people did something wrong and are not admitting it.  Re-reading what I said there, I can imagine how it might have looked like that.

I want to see what Trello thinks has happened, not your people.  You've already told us that your humans didn't do this.  (At least, not by hand - as Alex says, there might be an automation or power-up, but having a big pile of moves done at the same time means it is extremely unlikely that was someone clicking through 52 moves)

Alex _ Trello
Atlassian Team
October 26, 2022

Definitely not accusing you of anything @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - we just have the same train of thought! 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2022

I think we are all trying to work out what has happened, all curious because it sounds wrong, but wanting to fix it.

Monica Yatsyla October 27, 2022

Thank you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- and @Alex _ Trello  for helping me think through this issue.  No humans moved the card. I dont think my team members could moved that many cards in the span of two minutes manually.  

We do have automations set up on certain types of cards. But nothing would have kicked those automation off.  In the activity of each card, it does list a name of the team member that moved the card. But they didn't.  We have now named these people ghost_people in honor of Halloween around the corner.  Just to clarify, ghost_people have been moving the card as per the activity log not the actual person.

In addition, we have reached out the Atlassian support but they are unhelpful in this situation.  

Update, for work continuity, we have revered all the changes manually. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events