Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card deleted without archiving or confirming

Andy Hall February 13, 2020

I was accessing a card from the iPad app and after switching to another card the prior card disappeared. After switching to yet another card, the second card disappeared (and was deleted).

Checking the Activity Log, it states that I deleted the cards. My understanding is that deletion of a card takes a two step process: 1) Archive the card, then 2) delete the card with an affirmative click of the delete button.

Neither of these two steps occurred with either card. I am highly concerned and not sure what to do to prevent this from happening. We store a lot of case notes on the cards and have found Trello to be highly reliable, but this is a big red flag. Has anyone else encountered these issues before? Was it just with the iPad app, or with another system? Anyway to prevent cards from being deleted? Anyway to recover deleted cards?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2020

A card can be deleted without archiving.

To get around this, you can duplicate cards to restore them on useful boards if necessary. 

See this 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Syncing-Cards/qaq-p/1297712

or  you can use rule like this

when a card is added to list "{*}",
find the first card linked in the attachments,
archive the card, and copy the card to the top of list "{wildcard1}" on board "sync" and link the cards together

This rule allows : 

each time a card card is added in any list, 

- archive existing copy

- create a new copy in the board "sync"

- link the original and copied card

https://help.trello.com/article/1156-pattern-matching-and-wildcards

How are cards deleted without archiving first?

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2020

from mobile app.

okay thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events